Friday, April 20, 2012

Not all those who wander are lost;

Hello, and welcome to my blog!

I created this blog out of necessity: I have a passion for writing. Words consume every faction of my life. I am constantly reading, or writing, or thinking about writing. This will be the first summer in years that I have not taken summer school, so now seemed as good a time as any to start the blog. I wanted to practice getting in the habit of writing for a larger audience instead of a professor. Hopefully, this will be a venue where I can be somewhat accountable to have readable and fairly regular postings.

At the end of my undergraduate degree, I realized how little writing I actually did. I hope this blog will be a forum to continue improving my writing skills and experimenting to continue refining my own style and voice.

I am going to be posting reviews of books and movies that have inspired me, of travel experiences, and of whatever other topic or project my mind is working on. My second greatest passion next to words is travel. I am about to backpack France, Spain, Italy and Greece with my boyfriend, and my goal is to try my hand at travel writing while I am abroad.

I very much appreciate you choosing to spend even a fraction of your time reading. I promise that I will continue to strive to be worth your time. Thank you very much for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Nicole, your first post done. I'm lucky to be your first cheerleader (okay, leave the first comment). I will look forward to reading often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Godspeed on your words, wandering and wanderlust! I shall stay tuned for regular updates as it should beat proof-reading your papers.

    ReplyDelete